Cybersecurity Cheat Sheet
- Use strong, unique passwords for each account.
- Use a mix of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Never share your passwords with anyone
- Set a strong PIN or biometric lock on your smartphone.
- Only download apps from official app stores.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Enable 2FA wherever possible to add an extra layer of security.
- Use an authenticator app or hardware token for 2FA, if available.
- Be cautious of unsolicited emails, links and attachments.
- Always verify the sender’s identity before sharing sensitive information.
- Be skeptical of unexpected requests for personal or financial information.
- Always verify the sender’s identity or organizations requesting information.
Software Updates, Antivirus and Anti Malware:
- Regularly update operating system, antivirus, and apps to patch security vulnerabilities.
- Regularly scan your device with antivirus.